PTMEG is used in polyurethane elastomers to provide good mechanical properties.
BDO is a diol used in polyester polyols, which are components in polyurethane elastomers.
MPO is a colorless, low viscosity and low toxicity liquid. Being a short chain diol and two reactive primary hydroxyls, it can be used in the production of a series of resins, such as unsaturated polyester, saturated polyester, alkyds, polyurethane and acrylics.
– Diesters and polyesters made with MPO do not crystallize easily, and therefore are a good resource in PVC plasticizers.
– The versatility of using MPO goes beyond resins, when purified, it can be used as a vehicle in fragrance formulations.
Propylene carbonate is a high quality polar solvent. It appears as a transparent yellowish liquid miscible with water and other polar solvents. Its main applications are in electrochemistry and in the extraction of hydrocarbons in gas phase separation. As example absorbing gas and CO2in petrochemical plants.
Ethoxylated alcohols are used as surfactants in a wide variety of products, such as household hygiene and cleaning, personal hygiene, textile auxiliaries, among others
They consist of a very wide range of organic molecules, usually brominated, chlorinated and phosphorous compounds that work as flame retardants for the various applications in multiple plastics used in industry, such as expandable polystyrene (EPS), polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PP ), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polyester, among others.
In cosmetics, glyoxylic acid is used in hair care formulations.
NMP is a polar (aprotic) solvent with low toxicity, high boiling point, powerful solvency, good selectivity and stability. This product is widely used in the extraction of aromatics and purification of acetylene and diolefin. It can also be used as a solvent and vehicle in polymerization processes of so-called engineering plastics. In addition to these, it finds applications in aromatic fibers, pesticide insulation, pigments and detergents for surface treatment.
– PVP K90 is widely used as an adhesive agent in stick adhesives.
– PVP K90 is an excellent film former in cosmetic applications;
eliminating split ends when used in shampoo formulations, for example.
– PVP series P are filtration agents for the production of beverages, such as wine and beer.
THF can be used as a reagent, solvent and intermediate in the chemical industry. Especially used as a solvent for PVC in the production of adhesives. It is widely used as a solvent for surface coatings, anti-corrosion coatings, printing inks, tapes and film coatings.
It is used as a blowing agent for expanded polystyrene (EPS).
Chlorinated paraffins have a wide range of industrial applications, such as flame retardant on conveyor belts, natural rubber-based insulation, tubes and hoses.
– In metal working fluids, they are used in cutting and stamping oils as a lubricant. In extreme pressure oils, chlorinated paraffins are additives that are part of the film formation.
– Chlorinated paraffins work as plasticizers in various applications, such as polysulfite-based sealants, polyurethane foams and leather garments.
Refined glycerin is used in:
– cosmetics, particularly in moisturizers, thanks to its moisturizing and emollient properties;
– in the food industry, as an ingredient with a preservative, sweetener or emulsifying function;
– in the pharmaceutical sector, as a vehicle for medicines administered orally and intravenously;
– tabaco leaves to keep moisture.
Glycerin solubilizes polar and non-polar substances and therefore has numerous industrial applications, as a solvent in lubricants.
– In the chemical industry it is used in the production of glycerin esters, such as triacetin.
– The resin industry uses glycerin as a polyol to manufacture polyesters.
– Glycerin is also used as an antifreeze for radiators by the automobile industry.
Crude glycerin is used in the chemical industry as a versatile and competitive reaction intermediate, for example in the production of epichlorohydrin – a precursor to epoxy and phenolic resins.
Anhydrous ethanol is used in the chemical industry and as a solvent for paints and varnishes.
Known as hydrated alcohol, it is used in domestic, industrial cleaning, and in the extraneutral version it is applied in asepsis in hospital environments.
Extra neutral ethanol is free of impurities and has a mild and characteristic odor and is used in applications such as drinks, food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
Extra organic neutral ethanol has high purity for applications such as beverages, food, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, and its production does not use burning and pesticides.
Lecithin is used as an emulsifying, wetting and dispersing agent in various products, for example: foods such as chocolate and cookies, cosmetic formulations, in pharmaceutical products and in animal feed.
Non GMO lecithin is produced from non-genetically modified soy, normally used in food applications that require non-GMO origin.